Thursday, May 27, 2010

Nice Talking to Chris

I met with Chris, a foreign postgraduate student of our department, when I was waiting for the bus back to school. We have a nice talk in the bus and I know he is from Mauritius, he can speak his mother language and English and French, he speak Chinese quite well although he just learn it for about one year.

We students of the same boss had dinner together. During the dinner, we recalled that there are two foreign friends in our department. And then we decided that maybe next time we'll invite them to have dinner with us. I told Chris about it, and he said they'll be very happy to come with us.

After several times participating in the English Corner, I feel free to speak English now. I'm not feeling awkward any more. Maybe it is because I have build up my confidence about my speaking English. It's a good sign but a long way to go.

I'll talk about Mark Twain in the English Corner Next Sunday night. And it'll take me about one hour to prepare for the taking. But I feel good and I'd like to do it. It's a good way to force me to spend some time on English studying and to learn more about English.

I have several foreign friends now. Herbert, David, and Chris. It's great. I enjoy talking to them in English.

Thanks to Dr. Jimmy. He's the man who brought me out of the "feeling awkward to speak out in English" thing.

Thank you so much.

I have been an assistant teacher of students' management last September. We have a concert tonight to let every assistant teacher talk about his/her work this year. And according to the presentation, we'll pick out two person who got his/her work done better and they'll have to give a presentation in the South Campus of our university. To my surprise, I am one of the two. I feel a little uncomfortable about it because I don't think I am qualified for it, but still happy.

It's a good day today.

P.S I have got my book USMLE Fist Aid several days ago which is bought from Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment